DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
In the year 2002, Chinmaya College of Arts Commerce and Science got affiliated to MG university Kottayam with sanction for the Programme BBM- Bachelor in Business Management. From 2002 to 2021, the Department of Business Management has been focussed on moulding youth, right at UG level, for Management Education, Professional Management and for Entrepreneurial aspirations.
BBM- Bachelor of Business Management
To train and develop Managers and Entrepreneurs with insight, integrity and industry in business world.
Six Semesters [3 year]
Intake Period & Strength
June every year & 60 students/batch
Pass in 12th or equivalent with aggregate 50% marks.
- BBM Sem 1&2-First Year builds foundation of Management Education with Management Methodology, Entrepreneurship and Soft Skills Management as Core complimented by fundamentals of Accounting, Business Statistics & Mathematics.
- BBM Sem 3&4-Second Year introduces core subjects like Human Resource Management, Retail Management and Compensation and Performance Management, Commercial & Corporate Law, Corporate & Cost Accounting complemented by Computer Fundamentals, Internet& MS Office.
- BBM Sem 5&6-Final Year deals in core management topics like Financial Management, Marketing Management, Fundamentals of Organizational Behavior, Investment Management, Industrial Relation Management, Environment Management with Income Tax – Theory and Practice- all contributing to a right perspective of management field.
- One Month Industrial Internship in 6th Semester opens the doorway to actual business world and is intended to provide a Hands-On experience and blend the students with reality beyond theory.
About the Department
In the field of Management Education for nearly 20 years, the department has been keen on carving out self-disciplined individuals with character and credibility and the commitment to excel in the field of management.
To Carve a Niche in field of Management Education offering Quality Learning opportunities with a perfect blend of theory and practice.
To mentor and nurture young management aspirants to be successful entrepreneurs and management professionals with insight and caliber to contribute social well-being.
Key Focus Areas
- Content Teaching and Learning
- Conceptual Clarity and Practicality
- Blended learning and Perceptional Change
- Personal Grooming & Confidence Building
- Soft Skills Development & Etiquette
Competent and dedicated faculty, with sound knowledge base and efficient class management skills, focussing on building a strong foundation in core areas of Management is our success.
Ms.Manju Alex – Designation: HoD
MA [PM & IR], UGC NET, Dip T& D
Experience-21 years [16 years academic & 5yrs Corporate & Administrative]
Ms. Sreejaa G Nair
Experience-16 years [Academic]
Ph.D, M,Phil, MBA,M.Com,UGC NET
Experience-24 years [ 20yrs academic & 4 Corporate]
Experience-13 years [Academic]
- Lecture Sessions coupled with participative discussions
- Facilitative Learning Materials
- Classrooms equipped with Audio Visuals
- Case Study Sessions
- Industrial Internship Programme.
- Content Classes by Subject Experts.
- MS OFFICE and Tally offered as a part of Curriculum
- Experiencing real situations-Excelsior, the Student Forum.
BBM students have brought laurels to the institution by securing Ranks in Mahatma Gandhi University Degree Examinations. Our BBM Graduates excel in pass percentage and most of them secured admission for MBA with premier B-Schools or Management Programme with foreign universities. A significant number have floated their entrepreneurial ventures and run their own businesses.
MG University RANKS ACROSS VARIOUS BATCHESBBM 2015-2018 Batch
Rank 1 Annie Jisna
Rank 2 Navneeth MM
Rank 3 Greeshma A R
BBM 2016-2019 Batch
Rank 2 Ms.Swathy Vijayan
Rank 3 Mr.Ajay Tom
Rank 4 Mr.Akhil Varghese
BBM 2017-2020 Batch
Rank 2 Ms.Gayathri Menon
Rank 4 Ms.Pavithra Pradeep
Rank 5 Ms,Raveena Rajendran
REPORT ON DEPARTMENTA ACTIVITIESACADEMIC YEAR 2020-2021
The Department witnessed a turning point in the teaching mode during academic year 2020-2021, thanks to virtualized learning due to pandemic. Virtual classroom sessions coupled with live video and audio presentations and purely online Assignments and assessments ushered in a new learning experience for faculty and students. The academic year narrowed down the distance between the tutor and the taught, bringing students detained abroad like Italy under online teaching platform and even resource persons located in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and even Middle East brought live before students.
We were happy to have around 50 online sessions and webinars on various disciplines as Social marketing, Stock Markets, Management Education, English Language usage of which a few noteworthy are listed below.Add on Certification in Artificial Intelligence
The Add on Certification in Artificial Intelligence was conducted in November 2020 to BBM students and faculty to abreast them with Industry 4.0 and its impact on human world. The programme combined theory with online practical, actively participated and highly appreciated by the students. The session was hosted by Mr.Muhammed Mueen,an AI subject expert on behalf of My Logic Bangalore.
Student Development Programme
- Aditya Sreenivas,C OO, Bombay Stock Exchange Forum, Mumbai conducted a SDP on ‘Indian Capital Market & Indian Economy’, a week long programme in December 2020 for our students.
- Siddhart Narayan ,ED, International Peace and Economic Development,.Abudhabi dealt on use of social media in his Webinar on Use of Social Media in Marketing in October 2020.
- The student community was privileged to have renowned Logistics Veteran, Dr,Rajan Babu from St Brittos Chennai and Mr. Titto Adam Antony of JAC Academy who detailed on Logistics in Supply Chain Management.
- Jayachandran Nair, Corporate Trainer, Mumbai enlightened the students on How to make effective use of English Language’.
Three Day Management Orientation Programme
A special mention has to be made on Three Day Management Orientation Programme for First year students in November 2020. The programme combined a behavioural session ‘Taking a U turn’ by renowned Corporate Trainer Ms.Vinitha Jayan, an academic session ‘Meet the Faculty’ and an Management education session ‘Think and evolve your Management Career by the Management Consultant Mr.Suneer Aboobacker.
Our former student Ms.Amrutha M Nair now working with TCS gave an introspection to students about her student life and career path in January 2021.
The Faculty members attended FDPs on Stock Market, Filter Bubble, Online Teaching Aids, Logistics and Supply chain, AI etc.
BBM Onam 2020 Online was an initiative by students and teacher who met and greeted on Zoom before Onam. Students compiled videos of songs, dances and art work to add color to Onam celebrations.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020
- June 27,2019 Orientation for First Year Students
- August 8,2019 Meet Ur Senior Programme by Ms. Amrutha Nair.TCS
- August 10,2019 Meet Ur Senior Programme by Mr.Siva Ganesh,Cricketer KCB.
- September 20,2019 Navneeeth M M. Student- Symbiosis
- November2 & 3,2019 Case Study Sessions by Ms.Manju Alex,HoD
- December 10, 2019 Industrial Orientation programme by Ms.Manju Alex.
- February 28, 2020 Workshop on Advertising-Preparation & Presentation by Advertisement Director ,Mr.Jayaraj R.
- February 15, 2020 Emotional Intelligence among Students by Dr.Rashmi Pradeep,Clinical Psychologist.
- March 2,2020 Corporate Expectations from Management Students by Mr.Praveen Kumar. Sr.Manager Employee Relations .BPCL-KRL
- March 9, 2020 Internship Presentation by Final Year BBM
ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-2019
- July 1,2018 Orientation for First Year Students
- September19&20, 2018 Case Study Sessions by Ms.Manju Alex,HoD
- December 18, 2018 Industrial Orientation programme by Ms.Manju Alex.
- February 6&7,2019 Two Day Workshop on ‘I Can’ by Ms.Vinitha Jayan,Corporate Trainer.