DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS / STATISTICS
Mathematics and Statistics are complementary subjects of some UG and PG courses like BBM, B.Com, BCA, BA Economics and M.Com.
- To strengthen the knowledge in Mathematics and Statistics for future competitive examinations and research.
- To understand the contribution of Mathematics and Statistics in business decision making and modelling.
- To understand and solve problems of commercial and industrial background.
- To enhance the knowledge in mathematical reasoning, combinatorial analysis, algorithmic thinking and applications.
- To encourage quality related research studies consultancy and training programmes.
- To make the students understand the role of Statistics and Quantitative techniques in business and familiarize them with the basic tools applied.