DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
Department of Commerce of Chinmaya College of Arts Commerce and Science focusses on the vision of providing excellence in the fields of Commerce by imparting education on knowledge and value-based experience. The primary aim of the department has been to make the commerce students adapt to social changes through the development and application of knowledge and values.
The Department offers its flagship programme B.Com Model I CBCS Finance and Taxation Programme undergraduate and M. Com Finance postgraduate programme. In the journey of 25 years so far, the Department continues its relentless pursuit successfully with achievements and steady performance.
|Programmes.||Semesters||Duration||Seats (each year) Allotted|
|B.Com Finance and Taxation Model I||6||3years||120|
|M.Com Finance||4||2 years||24|
|Add-on Course :||DGST by GST Centre|
Electives Offered: - Group1 Finance and Taxation
First semesterCM010101 Specialised Accounting
CM010102 Organisational Behaviour
CM010103 Marketing Management
CM010104 Management Optimisation Techniques
CM010105 Methodology for Social Science Research
Second semesterCM010201 Advanced Corporate Accounting
CM010202 Human Resource Management
CM010203 International Business and Finance
CM010204 Quantitative Techniques
CM010205 Strategic Management
Third semesterCM010301 Strategic Financial Management
CM010302 Income Tax – Law and Practice
CM010303 Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
CM820301 Indirect Tax Laws
Fourth semesterCM010401 Advanced Cost and Management Accounting
CM010402 Income Tax-Assessment and Procedure
CM820401Derivatives and Risk Management
CM800402 Personal Investment and Behavioural Finance
CM010403 Project Report
CM010404 Comprehensive Viva Voce
Semester I1 Language- English-I
2 Second Language-I Hindi or Malayalam
3 CO1CRT01 Dimensions and Methodology of Business Studies
4 CO1CRT02 Financial Accounting I
5 CO1CRT03 Corporate Regulations and Administration
6 CO1CMT01 Banking and Insurance
Semester II1.Language- English-I
2 Second Language-I Hindi/Malayalam
3 CO2CRT04 Financial Accounting II
4 CO2CRT05 Business Regulatory Framework
5 CO2CRT06 Business Management
6 CO2CMT02 Principles of Business Decision
Semester III1 Language- English-I
2 CO3CRT07 Corporate Accounts I
3 CO3CRT08 Quantitative Techniques for Business- 1
4 CO3CRT09 Financial Markets and Operations
5 CO3CRT10 Marketing Management
6 Optional – CO3OCT01 Finance and Taxation-Goods and Services Tax
Semester IV1 Language- English-I
2 CO4CRT11 Corporate Accounts II
3 CO4CRT12 Quantitative Techniques for Business- II
4 CO4CRT13 Entrepreneurship Development and Project Management
5 CO4 Optional – 2 – CO4OCT01 Finance and Taxation-Financial Services
Semester V1 CO5CRT14 Cost Accounting – 1
2 CO5CRT15 Environment Management and Human Rights
3 CO5CRT16 Financial Management
4 Optional – 3 CO5OCT01 Finance and Taxation- Income Tax- I
5.Open course: Fundamentals of Accounting
Semester VI1.CO6CRT17 Cost Accounting – 2
2 CO6CRT18 Advertisement and Sales Management
3 CO6CRT19 Auditing and Assurance
4 CO6CRT20 Management Accounting
5 CO6OCT Optional – 4 CO6OCT01 Finance and Taxation-Income Tax- II
Project and Viva
DEPARTMENT VISION, MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Department strives to mould socially responsible patriotic citizens and through it’s outreach programs the department tries to mould students capable to serve the world well with their skills and abilities to overcome the challenges in this era.
To develop an enriching experience in the field of business and commerce through values, knowledge and practice and research.
To impart education using both traditional and modern pedagogical practices and to give an adaptive experience through value-based education for social transformation.
- To inspire and empower the students to adapt to changes and use their knowledge and practices gained from the education to contribute to the success of organizations and build up communities.
- To continuously evaluate our performance and include changes and modify the educative practices suited to the aim for the proper growth and all-round development of students.
- To prepare students for higher education in commerce and management.
- To achieve excellence in teaching-learning process and practices in the areas of Commerce.
- To provide knowledge and value-based input to students to make them aware, learn and understand the complex and ever changing modern society and also to step up their role in bringing social changes
- To provide better results by continuous monitoring, evaluation, motivation of students.
- To facilitate academic progress of students by encouraging them to actively participate in internship, upskill courses, intercollegiate events and so on.
Faculty FocusMs. Usha Vijayan, M.Com, MPhil, Head of the Department
Subject Expert: Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Auditing
Experience:20 years in teaching 5 years in Industry.
Ms. Rosy Joice Lopez, M.Com, M.Phil, Vice Principal
Subject Expert : Cost Accounting Auditing and Management
Experience: 20 years in teaching.
Dr. Sreeja RadhaKrishnan, M.Com, PhD, M.Phil, MBA (HR), S.E.T, Diploma in Training & Development.
Subject Expert : Finance, Economics, Research and Management
Experience:16 years in teaching.
Ms.N.Sangeetha, M.Com, UGC N.E.T. , S.E.T., B.Ed., Inter ICWAI
Subject Expert : Accounting, Tax, Finance and Management, Banking & Insurance , Research and Economics
Experience: 18 years in teaching 2 years in Industry. She has completed certification courses in commerce, tax and finance
Ms Laly Padmavathy, M.Com, UGC N.E.T., MBA, PGDHRM, PGDM, Dip in Management
Subject Expert : Direct tax, Banking, Insurance, Corporate laws and Regulations, Accounts
Experience: 8 years teaching
Ms.Bhagyalakshmi S Pai, M.Com, S.E.T., MBA
Subject Expert: Corporate Accounts, Finance, Corporate laws, Marketing, Management, Research and Direct taxes.
Experience 7.5 years in teaching.
Achievements: M.Com Rank Holder, Two Best Paper Presentation Awardee
Ms.Sujithra S Nair, M.Com (Accounts and Management), MMS (finance)
Subject Expert : Corporate laws, Banking, Insurance, Finance, Management, Management Accounting and Tax
Experience 11years in teaching .
Ms. Dhanalakshmi Menon, M.Com, UGC N.E.T, MBA, pursuing Ph.D
Subject Expert: Financial Accounting, Marketing, Tourism and Economics
Experience 8 years of teaching .
She holds Certificate of Advanced Diploma in Computerised financial accounting
Achievements: First rank holder- B.Com , M.G University
Mr.Rajkumar PR, M.Com, B.Ed
Subject Expert: Financial, Corporate, Management and Cost accounting, Corporate Laws
Experience: 16 years in teaching .
Vishnu. E, M.Com, MBA
Subject Expert: Financial Accounting, Banking, Insurance, Finance, Marketing, Management, Research, Environment and Human Rights
Experience:2years 3 months in teaching
Student Achievement and Awards
- University Rank Holder in B.Com 12th position by Rajalakshmi Shenoy
- Abhijith S G winner at National fencing championship Khel Mela India.
- Consistent track record of 90%above pass percentage in B.Com
- Consistent pass percentage of 70%in M.Com
- Sana , Durva, Kavya Padmakumar, Shreya Srinivas won Best Manager , Treasure hunt, Gaming, Product launch , Photography, Quiz at Intercollegiate fests and interdepartmental fests.
- Prizes won in sports at the University and Inter Collegiate level and Interuniversity level for fencing cricket badminton and football as well as for individual events Manoj M and Gaurishankar for taekwondo championship at University level.
- Winners: Kavya Padmakumar, Akshay P Menon, Gaurishankar and Pooja Menon of B.Com for the National Business Plan event conducted by MakeIntern and IIM-K at Bangalore.
- Shankar S Prabhu, Rajalakshmi Shenoy, Aryasree successfully placed at Deloitte Hyderabad.
- Anagha S Aiswarya Joseph of M.Com cleared UGC NET (Commerce) 2020
Events and Webinars organised by the Department (2020-2021)
- Third year students organised an Ice Breaking session for first year.
- Onam was celebrated virtually
- Orientation and Motivation: Sandeep founder Glow Mind, Shameem Rafeeq, Trainer and Motivator
- Brain Hack : Dr Sweta Aditi, Neurologist
- Environment: Sandeep Founder Conscious Communities, Dr Rajesh faculty, Bhavan School, Eroor
Connaissance Webinar Series
- Advertisement and Branding : Mr Jibu Paul Brand Strategist, President KMA
- Corporate Management Decisions in Practice: Dr.Sony Kuriakose Assistant Professor Nirmala College Muvattupuzha
- Accounting as a science: Dr Rajagopal Nair, Dean, BRIMS
- Digital marketing: Arun M Nair Head Business Acquisition Artlumen Pvt Ltd
- Private Equity: Mr Anand Krishnan founder Fidelis Equity
- Stock market: Arunkrishnan Unnikrishnan Co-founder of Tradomax (alumni),Shri Harsha Founder Shine Projects
- Entrepreneurship: Manuel Mohan, Logistics and Mishal Asif, Pethive, Entrepreneurs B.Com Alumni
- Direct tax: Anita Kartha Faculty Ministerial staff unit Income tax department
- Indirect Tax: AdvocateJayakumar Consulting Associates, Antonio Nettikadan Superintendent Central Taxes and Central Excise
- Research: Dr Vineeth KM Assistant Professor Government Arts College tripunithura
- “Online Scholarship Test - Time Institute for CAT 21-22”
- Digital marketing - Mercatrix Education
- Business Marketing - Mercatrix Edtech
- Industrial Visit at Mithrdham, Aluva
- Skill Development Program - Avodha Academic Consultant”
- Financial Education for College students Sponsored by SEBI handled by Mrs.Liance
- Wealth Management as your Profession by HEDGE School of Applied Economics”
- Set your Goals - IMS, Kerala”
- 10 day Covid Awareness Program as a part of Chinmaya Jayant Celebration”
- Economics:Dr.Suresh PR Assistant Professor School of Applied Economics CUSAT
- Technical Courses : Avodha Group
- NET/JRF Coaching and Project Orientation Claritas Academy